What Is Scissor Hash?
Scissor hash (AKA finger hash) is one of the best things about trimming cannabis. It is the residue that you can scrape off your scissors after trimming cannabis buds. This trichome resin consists mostly of plant material. Raw scissor hash could be used to prepare edibles due to this reason. Scissor hash can be easily formed into ball shapes using your bare hands.
You could say that scissor hash is like a yummy treat in the refrigerator that you didn’t know was there!
Time Of Smoking
Preparing it to be smoked does not take long. You can smoke this even when the trimmed strains are still in the drying phase. Despite, letting it cure for some time would make the hash tasting less green and more palatable. It is totally up to you to process it to fit your preference.
Scissor Hash Decarboxylation
The THC levels of scissor hash make it the perfect ingredient to produce edible cannabis. Mainly due to the plant material present in it, consuming it raw would cause minimal impact. It will be hard to get high on unprocessed scissor hash. The original forms of THCA it has will not result in a psychoactive reaction in the human brain or nervous system. Luckily, THCA is a cannabinoid that will transform into THC when cooked. The decarboxylated form of scissor hash needs to be heated to the right temperature so that the THC in it will be activated successfully.
How To Decarboxylate
Do not let the fancy word fool you; this is really an extremely simple process!
Following these easy steps is all you need to do.
- First, scrape the scissor hash from your scissors with the help of a blade.
- Use your fingers to crumble scissor hash into small pieces, as finely as you could. Place a parchment paper on your oven pan. Spread scissor hash evenly on it.
- Bake for 25 minutes on 250℉ heat.
- Let it cool. Edibles can be made afterwards with your own scissor hash cannabutter.
Cannabis Edibles With Scissor Hash
Edible weed is fun to prepare and delightful to consume. You can easily turn your decarboxylated scissor hash into cannabutter, and then to yummy edibles!
When mixed with dissolved butter, scissor hash will still leave tiny particles in the liquid mixture. They will eventually sink to the bottom, so you can easily use the scissor hash infused butter liquid without the sedimented pieces.
However, these pieces contain many potent sedatives that will improve your recipe if included. Finding a recipe that does not hinder the inclusion of small scissor hash sediments is the best way to get the maximum use of cannabutter. You can ignore these little particles and enjoy your edibles anyway!
Here are some recipes that will go well with scissor hash cannabutter; sediment included.
- Fudge brownies – With the yummy chunks of chocolate and the melt-in-your-mouth texture, brownies are a foolproof method of using scissor hash cannabutter to good use. You can also make cannabis fudge candy and cake instead of brownies.
- Snowball cookies/ Russian tea cake cookies with cannabis – These little drops of heaven are best made without the sediment, but it is totally up to you. With an airy, almost cotton-candy vibe to it – these treats will be a fancy way to add a twist to your scissor hash.
- Scissor hash drinks – Cannabutter can be used to make delicious drinks like hot buttered rum. Avoid adding the sedimented particles to make your drink more appealing. You can also just add cannabutter to your coffee, tea, smoothie or chilled drink.
You can buy Scissor Hash at online weed shops. To find the best weed shop, please visit Canadian Dispensary online.